Sunday, November 25, 2012

Some Small Things # 8 - Happy 1st Anniversary

The distance you travel can only be counted by the time it took for you to get from where you started to where you currently are.

I have marked milestone after milestone. I have built and burned bridges. I have seen people rise to their greatest, or fall to pieces. I have walked a path not a lot know to tread.

I am wasted potential. But I have developed other things as I age bodily and mentally. I realize life isn't what you expect it to be, but the little surprises just around the corner.

Today, one year ago, Wina and I went on a date - something we never thought would turn out the way it is. Sometimes you grow old and tell yourself some things will never happen. But life isn't that convenient. Things happen when you least expect them.

In our case, we never expected it to be this prefect. It's been a year and it feels both a short and long time. Despite the uncertainty of the future and life's mischievous tendency, I hope that this thing that Wina and I have last for our lifetimes.

1 comment: