Saturday, January 12, 2013

Some Small Things # 13 - Zombies, man. They freak me out.

So I woke up today from a nightmare. As the title suggests, it was about zombies. And me. And I swear to whoever it is up there, it was not fun being in that dream because for one thing it was very lucid. The feels I get as the hair on my back slowly stands followed by that shiver. Ugh. Geez.

The thing is, I've been having these dreams for a while now (which isn't so bad since I have material for the small art book I'm working on) that it's making me paranoid. I never used to get so freaked by ZAs. Heck I used to call out for one. But now, minus all the high school hoohah, plus the fact that I have so many things I do not ever want to lose, Zombie Apocalypse = hyper-neurosis.

I remember in the dream this morning, I sent Wina an e-mail that goes something like this:

This may sound insane, but I know they are coming. When you get a letter from me and it says "Run", you take whoever you want to take and drive south. Take only what you need with you. Take your phone and a charger and charge it. Please charge your phone. This will probably be the only way I can contact you. I'll be taking my mom's phone so we can talk to each other just in case. Drive south as far as you can. Find some place remote. I don't care where, just find a far off place that has low population. And if it does happen, I will find you. I WILL find you.

Leave some credits for your mobile just in case so you can tell me where you are and how you're doing. I will do the same. Be safe.

Afterwards, I got up from my seat and lo and behold, my aunt (who is currently wrecking the peace in our house) was a shambling lifeless thing. I got the nearest kamagong (a very dense type of wood carved into a durable + lethal bludgeon - I have two at home, one upstairs and one downstairs) which in this case was downstairs and, well, downed the thing.

It wasn't very pleasant. I don't see how people can live taking another persons life. In my dream, I killed my aunt. She was dead to begin with, but I killed my aunt.

Then I geared up. Running shoes, a small bag with a few canned goods. I was wearing my trusty pair of shorts (filled with pockets) and a thick black jacket + rainproof jacket + hood.

I left the house and texted Wina to run. No answer. I just killed someone and now I have miles between me and the one reason I'm still alive. No answer. I rush to get to the rooftop of the compound (which I have done before on nights when I was very lonely) and used the rooftops as a means to get to the main highway. The going wasn't easy.

There wasn't much activity on the way to the main road, but as I got there, I saw everything. I heard everything. Screaming. Screaming. Everywhere I went all I heard was people calling out to their gods and their mothers. Oh and the children.

I blacked out somewhere around the time I saw the children. Little things clawing and reaching while their mouths gaped, waiting for a taste of the living.

I found myself on a bus headed south, next thing I knew. It was on the South Luzon Express Way by the time I came to. I asked the bus driver (who looked more like a dad saving his family) to drop me off before the toll gate into Alabang. He asked me if I had some death wish. I told him I was trying find what he looked like he had and keep it. From there I walked, cautious about the fuckers walking dead.

I got to Wina's place. Their vehicles was missing. I didn't know if that was a good sign. I climbed into her room through her window and found no Wina. Instead I found things I don't think I can accept at the moment. But they were there. And I ran for my life. I jumped from the window, almost breaking an ankle due to my panic, and made my way out of the village.

Next thing I knew I was back on SLEX walking aimlessly, trying to get to Wina despite not knowing if she made it or not. Or if I made it.

- - -

I woke up this morning. That was something to be happy about. I checked my phone and Wina texted. Another thing to be happy about. God. Zombies I swear. Who in the seven hells invented that concept.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. This is... vivid. 0_0 And it does seem like the very thing that you'd do in a ZA. Creepers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ._." traumatized. I seriously hate zombies. I hope none of you guise get bit if ever a ZA. TT_TT Can't bring myself to take the un-lives of people dear to me. X_X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading entries here in your personal blog. This one is really fresh. Zombies are immensely an American concept and you were, I presume, the first one to have it with a Filipino touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW :D It awesome to know you enjoy my entries (despite there generally sombre mood). Wow. Thank you!

      Also, the concept of zombies has become so hip in a lot of countries I think everyone knows about it. What I don't get is how people sometimes don't understand the gravity of a ZA. Ugh. Makes me shiver just thinking about it.

      :D Thanks again DM

      Delete