Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Stuff on the Side # 2 - It Takes Two to Tango

The thing about people is that they can never be too sure about themselves because they're biased for themselves. John Donne is correct in saying that no man is an island. Any semblance of certainty can only be attained from the perspectives of other people.

If a person that they knew the answer to life and absolutely no one believed it, that person would most probably doubt himself or herself and eventually think that the answer to life is something absurd and totally out of this world.

An important thing to note here is an idea. We are, in a sense, ideas which give birth to more ideas both physically (reproduction) and mentally (thought). To consider an idea absurd or unbelievable lessens the likelihood of a prolonged existence. The thought will eventually become obsolete or, in the worst of cases, dissipate.

Laws are screened by setators. Someone probably proposed a law to permit the dry-humping of logs in public. Do we know who did it? Do we know when it happened, where it happened if it happened at all? Theories are strengthened by research. Data that have been processed before are recycled over and over to make sure that what their trying to prove holds true. Otherwise, these things are either renewed by new ideas or abolished by disproving. Gods exist because people believe they exist. Their faith strengthens the idea that there gods and that they were responsible for our existence (see the mutual relationship here?). The probability for something to be can only be improved by other ideas that support it.

People, as they grow, establish relationships first of all with the family. And I guess you guys know where it goes from there. A child is worth more than gold to a parent, but at times children don't realize this (or unfortunately it isn't the case). People can think lowly of themselves, but are seen as incredible individuals by others (or the other way around).

I had a hard time accepting the idea that I am more than what I thought I was worth (which wasn't much, I tell you now). HOWEVAHR. A lot of things have happened to me and I am having an easier time with myself.

I don't entirely know why I wrote this entry. I guess it's because I've spent such a long time being such a major party-pooper that I've come to realize that life can be more happy than sad because I believe that it can be more happy than sad and because other people believe it (if not entirely) the same way.

Just for kicks, and because Louis Armstrong is a sexy sexy man, here's a to his version of the song "It Takes Two to Tango" written by Al Hoffman and Dick Manning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4llRBKAzHk

No comments:

Post a Comment