Monday, December 16, 2013

Two Travelling Feet #1

I left the house for good, leaving behind some baggage that I will never come back for. That's for the best. All I have with me now are work clothes, underwear, undershirts, sweaters, jackets, and the books that will always keep me company during quite nights alone.

Travel light. Travel fast. Travel far.




It took this long to take the next two steps forward. I am out of the door paralyzed out of fear. This is what life really is. The only person who will ever keep me alive is myself.

I don't think it matters where I go at this point. I just have to walk the rest of this path I've chosen for myself wherever my feet take me. I know for one thing that I'll be where I need to be when this all ends.

This must be what it feels like to stare life in the face. There is much beauty and much fear here.

No comments:

Post a Comment